Monday 11 July 2011

pink & black


Why is the colour pairing of pink and black so often associated with the French? I don't know. Do you?

Pink and black makes me think of the film Gigi. I used to daydream about being Gigi when I was a little girl. Bubbles tickling my nose from my first sip of champagne, the rustle of eau de nil silk taffeta skirts, and beauty salons staffed with young women in black uniforms and tight chignons.

By the time I reached my 20's, I was a devotee of Guerlain's Jardins de Bagatelle dispensed from voluptuous atomisers and a regular patron at French film festivals.

So when Miss K asked me to create a birthday cake for her very special birthday that was fun, yet chic - I thought a design in pink and black would be perfect. Miss K was delighted. Bon anniversaire Miss K!

No comments:

Post a Comment